BBB assigns ratings by evaluating businesses in the following categories:
* BBB experience with the industry in which the business operates
* The business' length of time in operation
* Whether BBB has information that the business does not have required competency license
* Any known government actions against the business that are related to marketplace activities
* Any advertising issues found by BBB
* The number of complaints received by BBB from the business' customers
* The number of complaints received by BBB from the business' customers that are of a serious nature
* Whether the business has responded to complaints received by BBB
* Whether complaints have been resolved in a timely manner or the business has demonstrated it made a good faith effort to resolve them
* Business' overall complaint history with BBB
* Whether the business has failed to resolve the underlying cause(s) of a pattern of complaints
* Whether the business has honored any commitments to BBB to arbitrate or mediate disputes and comply with arbitrator decisions and mediated settlements
* Whether BBB has sufficient background information and clear understanding of business
* Whether BBB Accreditation was revoked because the business failed to comply with agreed BBB standards
Ratings are determined by a proprietary formula that represents BBB's opinion as to (1) the importance of each category, and (2) the appropriate score given to the business for each category.
BBB assigns grades from A to F with pluses and minuses. A+ is the highest grade and F is the lowest. The grade represents BBB's degree of confidence that the business is operating in a trustworthy manner and will make a good faith effort to resolve any customer concerns filed with BBB.
Details as to any issues identified by BBB are contained in the business' BBB Reliability Report.
A business may receive an "NR" (No Rating) instead of a rating under circumstances that include:
* BBB file is being reviewed or updated
* BBB does not have sufficient information about the business
* Recent activity requires further review by BBB
BBB's rating of a business reflects BBB's opinion about the business based on information in our files and BBB experience. The rating is not a guarantee of a business' reliability or performance, and readers should consider a business' rating in addition to all other available information about the business.
BBB ratings are subject to change on a daily basis based on changes in a business' BBB file.
Please Click Here For A More Detailed Overview of BBB Ratings