In another example of using technology to help share reliable information, the BBB today released the official BBB Search app, a convenient, mobile BBB solution available for the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. The app was approved by the Apple Store and is available for download as of today.
The BBB introduced unique QR codes for Accredited Businesses last month.
“For 100 years, the BBB has been part of consumers’ daily lives as the trusted source for unbiased information on businesses and charities,” said Blair Looney, President and CEO of the BBB. “We have data on more than 4 million businesses in the United States and Canada – an amazing wealth of information to help consumers find trustworthy businesses…and to help them avoid those that are not. We are excited to offer this information to consumers on the go.”
BBB Search features include:
- Search for local businesses by name, phone, URL, or category type
- Search via current location or specified city, state or ZIP code
- Display search results in list or map views
- Access previous searches through the history menu
- View the BBB Business Review for every business listing, complete with BBB Rating, contact info, BBB Accreditation status, consumer complaint history, and more
- Save a listed business's info to Favorites or iOS contacts
- Share a business's BBB Business Review URL via email, Twitter, or Facebook
- Find a local BBB near you
- Read the latest BBB News and Tips
BBB Search 1.1 is available as a free app download on Apple's iOS App Store for devices running iOS 3.1 or higher. An Internet connection is required.
App Store URL:
For more information, please visit: http://www.bbb.org/iphone/